Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thai Kitchen - Waipahu, HI

Instead of eating the usual for lunch, Vietnamese Pho, I decided to eat Thai food instead at Thai Kitchen in Waipahu.  Thai Kitchen is easy to find.  The best way I can describe the location is that it's somewhere between Pacific Market and Kuni Restaurant in Waipahu. 

I remember eating at Thai Kitchen in my earlier years and it was one of the first times I had eaten Thai food.  It was an interesting experience.  Now, Thai food is one of my favorites.  I thought I would stop by Thai Kitchen to rate the restaurant since it's been years since I've eaten there and because I want to compare it to the many Thai restaurants I have since eaten at. 



How did lunch go today?

For some reason, eating at Thai Kitchen, reminds me of being in someone else's house. The restaurant has a very home-like feel to it, while the food also reminds me of being more on the "home cooking" side.  It's a small restaurant that is clean and comfortable.  The service is also good.





I ordered way too much food again.  But it was nice to try a number of interesting dishes today.

My all time favorite was the eggplant salad, which was recommended in the menu.  And now I know why.  The herbs made the salad extremely flavorful and the dressing only further complimented it. The dressing tasted like some type of curry, so I enjoyed it very much. It was by far, one of the best salads I have had and I would order it again.  It was a warm vegetable salad, which made it so interesting. 



I also enjoyed the stuffed chicken, although I thought it was quite small in size for the price.  The interesting thing about the chicken though is they removed half of the bone, so that it could be stuffed.  It tasted wonderful though and I would love to try to make this sometime.



Oxtail soup anyone?  It's a classic here.  It is quite light, so you can add minced garlic and soy sauce for more flavor.  You can order noodles in it too.



I ordered a soup with minced pork and vegetables.  I wouldn't suggest you order it though.  It was like a bowl of vegetables with minced meat, boiled in water.  It was extremely bland, so I had to add soy sauce, ginger, and sambal, which still wasn't enough flavoring for my taste.  It wasn't worth the price.  I feel bad for saying that, but I have to be honest.  I wouldn't recommend you order this.  I guarantee you'll be disappointed.


Thai Kitchen is a simple restaurant with some wonderful dishes, but it really depends on what you order that will make a difference in your experience.  Ask what some of their best dishes are, especially if you are new to Thai food. 

Next time, I will ask for their recommended dishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails